Season 1 Episode 8: Seeing all the Good in Self, Others, and Life. [Podcast]
Dr. Colleen Georges is a Positive Psychology coach, speaker, educator, and bestselling author who helps people to see all the good in themselves, others, and life while discovering and leveraging their strengths, passions, and purpose. She provides one-on-one life and career coaching for clients across the nation and leads local community wellness groups.
Colleen is also a Rutgers University Lecturer in counseling and women’s leadership and a member of the Rutgers Speaker’s Bureau. She received her Doctorate in Counseling Psychology from Rutgers University, is a Nationally Certified Psychologist, Licensed Professional Counselor, Certified Comprehensive Positive Psychology Coach, and holds over a dozen certifications in life and career coaching, positive psychology, and positive parenting.
Colleen authors the Positive Psychology blog called SeeingAllTheGood.com. She is also a blogger for the Huffington Post, and is co-author of the award-winning, best-selling books: Contagious Optimism, 10 Habits of Truly Optimistic People, The Wisdom of Midlife Women 2, Unleash Your Inner Magnificence, 101 Great Ways to Enhance Your Career, The Book of Success, and scholarly psychology journals.
Colleen lives in New Jersey with her husband José, six-year-old son Joshua, and two cats, Kitty and Sweetie.
To play our podcast, click on the “play” button on the green bar below.
[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]CLICK HERE to OPEN in iTunes
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show. For short video on how to leave a rating and review, click here.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
In this episode Dr. Colleen Georges shares the following main ideas:
- The importance of looking for and seeing all the good in others and in life.
- Asking self “What am I going to do to make this world better?”
- How gratitude is the “Queen of all strengths” and how it changed her entire life.
- A simple exercise in gratitude that can help you make gratitude a habit that can transform your life.
- The growth, wisdom and compassion that can come through hardship.
- How cognitive reframing can decrease pessimism and increase optimism.
- The importance of living your passion and purpose.
- The importance of kindness, forgiveness, and faith in a higher power.
- The importance of taking time to mindfully spend time with people you love.
- Discovering and building upon strengths.
- Her experiences finding joy in raising her son and helping him to develop gratitude in life.
- Helping her son learn kindness and compassion through volunteer work.
- How it only takes one person to make a difference and encouragement to see how many people you get to impact every day.
- Be confident with your strengths, flaws and challenges and recognize the beauty in all of what we are.
- The importance of self forgiveness.
- Treat everybody as if they’re having a bad day.
You may also enjoy this article by Dr. Colleen Georges:
Links mentioned in this podcast
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column][/vc_column][vc_column][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_single_image image=”2176″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center”][/vc_column][/vc_row]