We’re happy to bring to you this amazing interview with Richie Norton.
Richie is the bestselling author of The Power of Starting Something Stupid as well as the #1 Amazon download Résumés Are Dead and What to Do About It. He is an international speaker and consultant for the corporate growth and personal development industries, a social entrepreneur, and CEO and Founder of Global Consulting Circle. He is also the owner of Prouduct Inc. a company that helps source products for companies so they can focus on their business.
Richie has been featured in Forbes, Businessweek, Young Entrepreneur, Huffington Post and other national publications both in print and online. The 2013 San Francisco Book Festival named The Power of Starting Something Stupid the winner of the business category and the grand prize winner of all book categories in its annual competition. In 2010, Pacific Business News recognized Richie as one of the Top Forty Under 40 “best and brightest young businessmen” in Hawaii.
Richie has shared the stage with bestselling authors such as Stephen Covey, author of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Stephen M.R. Covey, author of The Speed of Trust and Kevin Rollins, former CEO of Dell Computers.
Richie received his MBA from the world’s #1 ranked international business school, Thunderbird School of Global Management.
In this episode, Richie talks about:
- His personal story about the death of his son and the death of his brother-in-law, and how these tragic events affected his family’s approach to life.
- Being Intentional in creating income for the family, but still being there for the family.
- One of the important principles that came of his son’s passing, which he calls Gavin’s law – “Live to Start, Start to Live.”
- How to step into (stupid) ideas that you have and lean into your fears.
- Why starting something stupid is the smartest thing you could do.
- That life matters, life has purpose, and we are meant to be happy.
- How to build a project and get small wins when you start something stupid.
- How positivity plays into success.
- What part vulnerability plays in starting something stupid and how to be vulnerable in a small way while creating your idea.
- How to crush fear by breaking it into small pieces. We are all scared of something. It’s how we work with fear that is the real question.